Dr. Longson is a leader in telepsychiatry and has worked in every imaginable practice setting – quiet farming communities of rural Oregon, bustling urban centers of NYC and Chicago, and cozy suburbs all over the country.
Dr. Longson has served patients from all walks of life – U.S. Veterans at the VA, inmates at some of the country’s largest correctional facilities, patients undergoing active detox/rehabilitation at substance treatment centers across the country, the large Latin community of Elmhurst Queens in NY (sí, hablo pequeño español, pero estoy mejor preparado para servir a clientes que hablan pequeño inglés también), and many other people from every conceivable social and cultural background.
A tireless world traveler, Dr. Longson celebrates diversity and the human spirit. Her goal is to help each one of her patients live life to its fullest.
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Bachelor of Science (summa cum laude graduate)
- Midwestern University, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine – Medical Doctorate
- The Mount Sinai Hospital (New York, NY) & Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center (Corvallis, OR) – Residency Training
- Academic Achievement Award for Highest GPA in graduating class University of Illinois, Applied Health Sciences (’02)
- Board Certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Neurology & Psychiatry since 2013
- Dr. Longson was the first researcher to put forth data on Reality TV and Mental Health Watch Here
- Licensed to practice medicine in multiple states (DE, PA, NJ, OK, NC, NY)
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Medical Association
- Oklahoma State Medical Association
- Physicians for Patient Protection